The Individual touch of Small Press

I've been in this publishing game for about 15 years now, with my first book being published in 2000. I've had books published by many different publishing houses, some big, such Cambridge University Press and some small, such as Wombat Books and Satalyte Publishing. Sure, it's great if you can get a contract with a large publishing house and their bigger budget for sales and distribution, but one of my most successful  books, 12 Annoying Monsters - Self Talk for Kids with Anxiety was published with a local small press, http://www.indiemosh.com.au/ and is available all over the world.

Last week they asked me to call round and accept a little gift, for being their top selling author 3 months in a row! Isn't it gorgeous? Its doubly sweet for me because I illustrated this book myself and seeing one of my little monster illustrations on a mug was a real thrill!

So, what I'm saying is, don't be afraid to go it alone or try small press. It doesn't matter how your story gets out there, as long as it gets out there. Then you can move on to the next project, cos I'm sure, like me, you have loads of them lurking in you harddrive.

Have a fabulous week!

Comments

Popular Posts